Tony tells us about his fantastic new Keops Classic multi purpose log cabin!
My cabin is a great success, and as promised, I am now ready to provide you with pictures and feedback on how things have gone over the last 3 months since the Rick and his team built the cabin.
The cabin fulfilled my wish for a spacious, high quality, multi purpose room with facilities for an office with built-in shelves, work surface (even a fridge!), TV and hifi, seating, and outlook onto decking and a sunny corner of the garden. The 56mm log walls give the cabin a feel of solid quality, and the extra log in the walls creates useful interior headroom. The high precision of the factory machined timbers is amazing, giving a high quality finish to the walls, corners, ceiling and roof.
Painting the interior walls white (a few coats of B&Q primer/undercoat) provides a light spacious feel, and looks attractive when lit in the evening. Ikea white roller blinds and curtains blend into the white walls.
Ricks’s building team were fantastic! The timber base and decking were built in one day to high precision. The cabin itself was erected in one further day. Where planks were cut to size, box skirting installed, etc, everything fitted precisely. A problem of a missing window frame was solved on the day, and couriered to the site.
- 4850mm x 4500mm in 56mm logs
- 19mm pine tongue and groove floor
- 2268mm eaves wall height
- 3189mm ridge height
- Black felt roof shingles
- 1m canopy to front gable
- 1 x VDD34 double door 3/4 glazed
- 1 x VDE00 single door solid wood
- 1 x VRC single letter box window
- 1 x VRM single window top hinged
- 2 x VRGL tall double windows
- Double glazing upgrade to 4/6/4mm
- 19mm pine tongue & groove ceiling
- Comfort grade roof insulation
- Comfort grade floor insulation
- Interior partition walls 2600 + 1000mm
- Deep fascias 245 x 28mm
- Extra deep eaves overhangs 440mm